Initial ExaminationWe look forward to meeting with you
During your initial examination we will acclimate you to our office and take the necessary photographs and X-rays that are essential to develop your unique treatment plan. Then the doctor will complete a brief but thorough exam and we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment.
- Is there an orthodontic concern, and if so, what is it?
- What must be done to correct the concern?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Will any teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take to complete?
- How much will treatment cost and what are my payment options?
We feel that it is important to take the time to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction. For this reason, we will schedule a consultation visit to discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements. We ensure that our patients leave our office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. We are happy to answer any additional questions at this time as well.
We request that you arrive 10 minutes early to your initial examination. Please bring the following information to your appointment.
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- Insurance card, if you have orthodontic insurance benefits.
- Signature on File form, if you have orthodontic insurance benefits (please complete prior to your appointment)
- Patient Information form (please complete prior to your appointment)